Preppernomics: How to Survive While the Dollar Dies

How to Survive While the Dollar Dies

I really don’t like to make predictions. I’m not Zoltan, the fortune-telling dude in the machine  – you know, the one with the turban who waves his mechanical hands dramatically over a crystal ball and tells you of your future in a heavily accented voice. But, I think there is something coming in 2015 that we all need to be concerned about, and I wouldn’t be doing my job, writing these posts, if I didn’t warn you. Some people are… Read More »

January 1, 2015 by | 1 Comment

6 OCD Hacks to Organize Your Stockpile Chaos

6 OCD Hacks to Organize Your Stockpile Chaos

Is your house like an unfortunate cross between Doomsday Preppers and Hoarders? How do you store your preps? Are they neatly organized, where you can grab what you need at a moment’s notice? Are they a jumbled mess that makes your house look like an abandoned storage facility? Perhaps they are hidden chaos, tucked away neatly in drawers and closets, but with no rhyme or reason. I always like to consider myself pretty organized. After all, my house is tidy… Read More »

December 31, 2014 by | 1 Comment

10 Simple Strategies for Becoming A Prepper

10-Simple-Strategies-for-Becoming-A-Prepper

No one really knows how many preppers exist in the world but it is safe to say that there are three to four million in the United states alone.  Even though at first blush this sounds like a huge segment of the population, in round numbers that is still only slightly more than 1% of the total US populace.  When you think about it, that is pretty shocking. Who is going to take care of the remaining 99% percent of the… Read More »

December 26, 2014 by | Be the first to comment »

16 Important Rules of Survival and Preparedness

16 Important Rules of Survival and Preparedness

Having a survival mindset means you are always ready to take on new challenges, right?  Although I fully believe that new challenges are a good thing, it is sometimes downright frustrating to recognize that prep as we do, we are never really ready. Part of the disconnect from being totally prepared is having the knowledge that we will never be able to prepare for everything.  As recently as four years ago, we were preparing for the end of the world as… Read More »

December 17, 2014 by | Be the first to comment »

Don’t Fly Without These 20 TSA-Approved Items in Your Prepper’s Carry-on Bag

20 TSA-Approved Items for Your Prepper’s Carry-on Bag

What is a more uncomfortable feeling than relinquishing all of the items that are normally part of your EDC kit? Here’s one: relinquishing those items and boarding a plane to fly across the country. For many preppers, a worst-case scenario for us would be if the SHTF while we were traveling.  If your journey is by car, you can be fairly well-prepared. However, if you are flying, the TSA has basically neutered our ability to care for ourselves in the event… Read More »

December 14, 2014 by | Be the first to comment »

12 Months of Prepping: Month Twelve

12 Months of Prepping: Month Twelve

The term “at the twelfth hour” is often used to describe something or someone that is late. But in Month Twelve of 12 Months of Prepping, nothing could be further from the truth.  More to the point, if you have been following along the Backdoor Survival series on 12 Months of Prepping, One Month at a Time, you have already taken major steps toward becoming self-sufficient if a natural disaster or other disruptive event should strike in your neighborhood or… Read More »

December 9, 2014 by | Be the first to comment »